Is Your Organisation Taking Fraud Seriously Enough?
Organisations that rely on manual processes to verify and approve expenses and invoices could leave themselves open to become victims of fraud, and even the largest companies aren't immune. How can your organisation foster a fraud-prevention culture?
What Makes People Commit Expense Fraud?
An estimated 5% of business travellers commit expense fraud. But what makes them do it? Is it just that the temptation is too much to resist, or that they bear a grudge against their company. Our survey revealed some interesting findings.
Avoid Becoming the Next Victim of Invoice Fraud
It was recently revealed that a sophisticated invoice fraud scheme extracted more than C$150 million from two of the world's largest companies. What steps can AP teams take to avoid their own organization falling victim to scams like these?
7 of the Most Common Expense Scams (and How to Stop Them)
Most employees are inherently honest. They realise that the risk of imperiling their career over a couple of hundred more dollars in their pocket isn’t worth it. However, a small section of employees don’t agree. What are the most common ways they try and defraud their employers, and how can they be prevented?
The Cost-Control Benefits of Analytics in Expense Management
Travel Expense Software solutions can create huge volumes of data on employees' business travel spend. How can organisations use this to make smarter decisions?
Reducing Employee Expense Fraud – Strategies and Tools for HR Leaders
It’s estimated that expense fraud committed by employees adds up to nearly $3 billion per year across North America. How can HR teams prevent this from happening at their organisation?
6 Best Practices for Reducing Expense Fraud
Expense fraud can happen at even the best-run organisations, but your company can definitely arm itself with the tools and processes to rein it in.
How to Prevent Business Expense Fraud
Businesses lose an estimated $2.8 billion per to expense fraud in the U.S. alone. How does this happen, and what can be done to prevent it?
Why Sensible Travel Expense Policies are Critical for Business Traveller Happiness
The Global Business Travel Association recently announced the results of its Business Traveller Sentiment Index Global Report. The report assesses the overall happiness with several aspects of travellers’ overall experience, from making travel arrangements through to getting through airport security and taking various forms of ground and air transport.
How could your organisation be exposed to expense fraud?
Employee expense claim fraud is a considerable issue across the world – in fact in a recent survey, it was estimated to cost $2.8 billion a year in the U.S. alone, with more than 1.1 million American employees admitting to submitting deliberately falsified expenses. The impact of expense fraud goes far beyond the financial loss suffered. Organisations’ liabilities can range from audits to loss of investor confidence, and of course for those responsible for expense management and approval, failing to stop fraud can be somewhat career limiting.
How much does business expense fraud cost?
We recently surveyed more than 1,000 frequent business travellers, to see just how honest they are when it comes to submitting their expenses. The good news is that 94.7 percent say that their expense claims are done honestly. The bad news is that the other 5.3 percent equates to about 1.1 million business travellers, who combined cost their employers $2.8 billion per year. Those who admit to committing expense fraud do so to the tune of almost $2,500 per year on average.
- IDC Recognises Chrome River as a Leader in Enterprise AP Automation Solutions
- 9 Signs it’s Time to Switch Expense Management Systems
- Gartner and Ardent Partners Advise How to Build a Best-in-class Accounts Payable Operation
- When Cash (Control) is King: Is Your Accounts Payable Strategy Optimised for a COVID-19 World?
- Getting the Most Out of Your Spend Data with Emburse Insight Advisor
Posts by Category
Our choice of Chrome River EXPENSE was made in part due to the very user-friendly interface, easy configurability, and the clear commitment to impactful customer service – all aspects in which Chrome River was the clear winner. While Chrome River is not as large as some of the other vendors we considered, we found that to be a benefit and our due diligence showed that it could support us as well as any large players in the space, along with a personalized level of customer care.
We are excited to be able to enforce much more stringent compliance to our expense guidelines and significantly enhance our expense reporting and analytics. By automating these processes, we will be able to free up AP time formerly spent on manual administrative tasks, and enhance the role by being much more strategic.